Vijay Pratap Singh, DCP (crime), clarified that the authorities had not given any permission to any outfit to bring out the procession. “No procession will originate from the city. We have been taking precautionary measures to ensure the city’s law and order situation isn’t disrupted. We appeal to people to cooperate with us. We have been keeping a close watch on Sohna, which reported violence earlier this month,” he added.
Singh said there was no restriction in the city as of now. “People can continue with the regular activities as of now. There are no plans to shut down the internet or enforce Section 144.”
Members of various right-wing outfits have said that the yatra would begin from Rajiv Chowk in the city on Monday, pass through the Nalhar temple and culminate at the Radha Krishna Mandir in Nuh.
Deputy commissioner Nishant Yadav said the situation in the city was under control. “It will continue to remain so. We will not allow any rerun of the violence that took place earlier this month. I can confirm that we have not given any permission for any yatra in the city.”