Introduction about hair loss treatment
Hair is the substance, which is mainly made from the protein known as the Keratin. Each of the hair has a life cycle and gradually falls out. It is quite normal for someone to lose about 100 hairs a day. But the lost hair is mainly replaced by new hair. Abnormal hair loss is otherwise termed as “Alopecia”. Some of the facts about hair loss treatment Ludhiana has been discussed in this article.
Top causes of the hair loss
- The family history: The primary cause of hair loss is the hereditary condition which mainly happens with aging. It normally occurs slowly and in some predictable patterns such as the bald spots in men and thinning hair in the crown of the scalp in women.
- Hormonal changes: A variety of conditions that may cause permanent or temporary hair loss, may include hormonal changes due to childbirth, pregnancy, menopause, and thyroid problems.
- The supplements and medications: Hair loss can occur due to the side effects of certain types of drugs. Some of those drugs are mainly used for the treatment of cancer, depression, arthritis, heart problems, gout, and high blood pressure.
- Radiation therapy: The portion of the head, which is mainly exposed to the radiation, may not grow normally.
- Stress: A number of people experience the thinning of hair for several months after having the physical or emotional shock. This type of hair loss is mainly temporary.
- Hairstyles: Some of the hairstyles can lead to loss of hair.
Different type of treatment options of hair loss in Ludhiana
There are two different types of hair loss treatment options that are available. The non-surgical hair loss treatments typically include options like the Laser comb and certain medications. Surgical hair restoration can be done by a physician as either the Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE) or the Follicular Unit Transplantation hair restoration.
For those who are mainly suffering from hereditary hair loss, there is no cure. In such cases, some of the medications and even the Laser comb may also help to slow down the progression of thinning of hair and baldness. During the early stages of hair thinning, hair loss solutions can help in regrowing some hair, but they will not fully replace the hair and hairline that have been lost. The only solution for the genetic hair loss is hair transplantation.
Prevention of hair loss
- One should be gentle with their hair. One may use the detangler and avoid tugging at the time of brushing and combing, especially when the hair is wet. A wide-toothed comb can help in preventing hair loss. One should ask their doctor about the medications and supplements they usually take that might be the cause of hair loss.
- One should protect their hair from direct sunlight and some other sources of ultraviolet light.
- Some studies show that the association between smoking and baldness in the case of men.
- If someone is being treated with chemotherapy, then they should ask their doctor about the cooling cap. This cap will reduce the risk of losing hair during chemotherapy.
One should follow some of the above-mentioned tips to prevent hair loss.